Tutorial for block tatting or tatting chain on chain
- The block tatting can be made with a single shuttle and a ball thread.
- After the first double stitch, tat a join picot.
- Tat some double stitches (5 in our example).
- Then tat unflipped double stitches, taking care to make one more join picot after the first double stitch.
- Before tatting the last double stitch, make a lock join.
- After the lock join, make the last inflipped double stitch.
- Tat a row of double stitches. Make an ordinary join.
- Continue this way by alternating at each row the double stitches and the unflipped double stitches.
- Most often, the double stitches take a square shape, but you can also make it take another form.